Dr. Kaplan is a fellowship-trained specialist in the Orthopaedic care of the hand, elbow, and shoulder. Dr. Kaplan has specific clinical interests and expertise in arthroscopic reconstructive techniques of the wrist, elbow, and shoulder, wide awake surgery, shoulder and elbow arthroplasty, and ultrasound guided procedures.
Dr. Kaplan has authored numerous peer reviewed publications and presented at national Orthopaedic and Hand Surgery conferences. His research interests include ultrasound assessment for compression neuropathies and cost-analysis in Orthopaedic care. He teaches and mentors medical students, residents, and hand surgery fellows at UC Irvine.
Dr. Kaplan is a California native from Santa Monica, CA. He attended the University of Southern California with a focus in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Studies, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude. For medical school, he attended the University of California, Irvine where he obtained a dual MD/MBA degree. He then completed his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Los Angeles County/ University of Southern California Medical Center. He obtained further sub-specialty fellowship training at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery.
Dr. Kaplan currently provides care at the UC Irvine Medical Center in Orange, the Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Center in Costa Mesa, UCI Health in Tustin, and the Long Beach Veterans Affairs Hospital.
- University of Southern California – Los Angeles, CA
- University of California Irvine, School of Medicine – Irvine, CA
- Los Angeles County/University of Southern California Medical Center – Los Angeles, CA
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center – Pittsburgh, PA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons – Candidate Member
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand – Candidate Member
- Medical Board of California – #A132815 - 10/2014 - Present
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (Part I) - 2018